- London is the capital of England and is the largest city in UK.
- Romans founded London almost 2,000 years ago.
- London is located on the river Thames, in Southeast England.
- London is the top city tourist destination in the world. Over 25 million people visit London each year.
- London has a population of close to 8 million people.
- London spreads across area of 620 square miles.
- A little over 40% of Londoners belong to minority ethnic groups.
- Close to the Tower Bridge, the Monument stands as a memorial of the Great Fire of London. The Monument is one of the city`s central points. Tower Bridge itself is a definite landmark of the capital. The bridge was equipped with a seesaw mechanism that cleared the waterway for the incoming vessels in just three minutes. The bridge is raised only a couple of times a week and 24 hours' notice is required.